Your home is a reflection of you. It’s YOUR space, and if you’re anything like me, you like to change it up several times a year to keep things new and fun. This can really cut into your wallet if you don’t learn to use items you already have in different ways. Sometimes it can be as simple as just rearranging a room! So here are my top 5 tips for refreshing your space.
1. Just because there is a space, doesn’t mean it has to be filled! Feeling like you have to have something in every nook and cranny can start to clutter up your home really quickly and make your room feel small. Instead, group items together. I like to use trays, stacking things on top of each other to create different heights. It is more appealing to the eyes and keeps your space decluttered and clean.
2. Take pieces from different rooms and swap them. This is something I do a lot! A tray on my coffee table will become the new tray for the centerpiece on my dining room table. That lantern in the floor by the fireplace is now the focal point of my coffee table. Moving things from room to room can give you a feel like each space has been redecorated but didn’t cost you a cent!
3. PAINT! Yes, a simple can of paint can work wonders to refreshing your space! Color trends change from year to year and some of our color choices have become outdated or colors have faded and become dingy. Paint an accent wall a bold color or paint your entire room in a light neutral to match any color scheme you choose for your accent pieces.
4. Adding Accessories… small little items here and there can dramatically change it up and create a finished look. As mentioned before, be careful with not over doing your accessories, but adding new throw pillows or even a slipcover to freshen up an older couch can make your space feel brand new again for a small budget. Add a new painting or your favorite artwork on the wall. Maybe even a new candle and plant on your coffee table can make the difference of your room feeling finished or not.
5. Update a piece of furniture you already have! So this one involves paint again but sometimes painting an old dresser a new look, that hall table or even a night stand can make it appear you purchased a brand new piece and create a whole new look. This is one I do a lot. I have a hall table that has probably been painted 4 different colors through the years but each time it’s made it look like a new fresh piece!
Ok, so there are my top 5 tips! Now it’s time to use your creative hands and change up that room you’ve been wanting to change for the last several months! You can do this!! Share your room redos below and feel free to add your on a budget tips!